To provide student centered, quality care programs during out-of-school hours to prepare college and career ready graduates.
To accomplish this mission, the Fresno Unified School District (FUSD) After School Education and Safety (ASES) Program strives to:
- Provide opportunities for children to develop their skills.
- Support student academic achievement in literacy, math proficiency, and EL redesignation.
- Provide exposure to a wide variety of experiences.
- Help children develop their unique talents and abilities.
- Build character and leadership skills.
- Provide a safe environment.
- Increase motivation and connection to school.
The FUSD After School Program provides structured tutorial and enrichment programs for school-age children. Programs are staffed with qualified after school personnel.
Days of Operation: The FUSD After School Program operates school days only. The program operates on a daily basis to coincide with the regular school calendar and operates from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. Students participating in the FUSD After School Program are required to participate in all the components of the program.
The program components include:
- Healthy Snack
- Academic Intervention (English Language Arts and Math)
- Physical Fitness
- Enrichment Activities
For more information, contact Powers-Ginsburg Elementary at (559) 248-7230.